This article needs additional citations for
Statio Haud Malefida Carinis ("A Safe Harbour for Ships")
The Quarter of Castries, showing Castries city (red dot)
Castries is in a flood gut and is built on
St Lucia's main post office is in Castries. Because most parts of the country do not use standard street addresses, mail is largely sent to P.O. boxes. Any mail sent without a town name ends up in the Castries post office.
In 1650, the fort aupres du Petit Cul-de-Sac et de la riviere du Carénage was founded by a group of 40 Frenchmen led by de Rousselan, when
During World War II on 9 March 1942, the German
Castries has been rebuilt many times, following major fires on 15 Oct. 1805, 6 April 1813, and most notably on 19 June 1948.:124–125,289